The ayurvedic procedure of instilling medicated oils in the ears is called Karna Purana. It is beneficial in ear diseases including hearing loss, tinnitus, Meniere’s disease (characterized by mainly vertigo), swimmer’s ear and other diseases related to the ears.
Indications of Karna Purana
- Earwax blockage
- Wax removal or excess wax
- Ear congestion
- Meniere’s disease
- Hearing loss
- Swimmer’s ear
- Jet-lag and ears popping/crackling in airplanes
Symptoms of Arthiritis
- Neck pain
- Jaw pain
- Pain disorders
- Acoustic nerve weakness
- General body aches
- Body balance disorder
- Anxiety or worry
- Loosens ear wax
- Strengthens the bones in the ear
- Prevents neck stiffness
It’s best to use a herbalized oil that is significantly more moisturizing than a plain vegetable oil.
2 to 15 drops of medicated oils are instilled in the ears during karna purana therapy.
How It's Performed
- Do head massage of the patient for 15 to 30 minutes before the procedure.The brahmi oil can be used for head massage.
- Warm some sesame oil or ghee and put in shallow bowl
- Use a cotton ball to soak up the oil
- Lay on one side and squeeze the oil out of the cotton ball into your ear ( it will tickle)
- Massage your ear lobe and bones gently for a couple minutes
- Lay for 20 minutes (even 10 minutes does some good), bonus points if you so hum
- Put a towel over your ear, tilt your head so the oil drizzles out
- Repeat other side
The procedure should be followed continuously for a week for better and desired results. If patient has not got the desired results, then repeat the Karna Purna procedure after a month.
Benefits of Karna Purana
Karna Purana has many benefits in ear disorders. It helps to treat the incurable diseases such as tinnitus. It improves hearing quality, helps in hearing loss and reduces frequent ear infections. Other benefits of Karna Purana are given below:
- Medicated oils are used in Karna Purana. These oils have strengthening properties for ear structures. These oils nourish all parts of the ears including external ear, middle ear, inner ear and eardrum.
- It is very helpful for Balance Disorders. Balance disorders are characterized by vertigo, dizziness and loss of balance.
- If you are suffering from frequent earaches, then it is the good therapy for your ears. The ayurvedic oils used in the therapy of Karna Poorna are beneficial for reducing inflammation and pain of the ears.
- Karna Purna also improves hearing capacity and quality. It nourishes the acoustic nerve and improves signal quality to the brain. It also enhances better interpretations of sounds by the hearing center in the brain.
- The mind disturbs due to many reasons such as depression, sleeplessness, emotional trauma etc. The karna purna helps to calm the brain and mind as well.
- It increases sense of sound by enhancing ear functions
- If karana purana taken regularly in interval of six months, it helps to prevent frequent ear infections.
- Karna purana helps in headache and migraine that are associated with body balance problems.
Contraindication of Karna Purana
Karna purana therapy is contraindicated in following cases:
- Eardrum rupture
- Ear injury
- Cuts in the skin of ears
- Ear wounds
- Burns that affects ears
Side Effects of Karna Purana
There are very rare side effects with Karna purana. These are:
- Ear infections if the medicated oil is not preserved properly or infected with microbes.
- Some people may experience some discomfort in the ears after the procedure, but it will be only for a little time.
Get Healthy with Our Variety of Products
Experience A Holistic Approach Towards Life.