Ayurvedic Powder Massage
Massage of the body with some extra pressure in a reverse way i.e. from toes towards head is called Udvartan. There are two types: Snigdha Udvartan and Ruksha Udvartan Dry herbal powders or herbal paste prepared with medicated oils is used in this herbal powder massage.
When To Do Udvartan
- Obesity – highly beneficial for fat reduction
- Cellulite breakdown
- Preventing loosening of skin under weight loss program
- After childbirth, if you are get some extra weight
- Muscular weakness
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Decrease mobility to joints due to excess KAPHA, AMA or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Removing dead cells from the skin and increasing glow of the skin
- Sclerosis of blood vessels
- Sciatica of KAPHA origin
Benefits Of Udvartan
- It liquefies the subcutaneous fat, makes body tough, rejuvenates the skin and brings glow to it.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis- it can be the best therapy for reducing symptoms and inflammation of the joints.
- It removes Toxins: It is one of the detoxification ayurvedic therapies, which cleanses the body and discharges bad body odor.
Snigadh Udvartan – Is powder massage done with herbal paste prepared mixing herbs’ powder with medicated oils. This herbal paste is rubbed over the skin. Ruksha Udvartan – In Ruksha Udvartan, dry powders of herbs are used for rubbing. It is beneficial for diabetic people with insulin resistance. Ruksha Udvartana is useful in obese people.
Udvaratn Ingredients - For Weight Loss
- Triphala powder
- Soap Nut – Reetha
- Black Pepper
- Long pepper
- Barley – Yava churna
- Valerian- Tagar
Udvaratn Ingredients - For Glowing Skin
- Amalaki (Amla or Indian Gooseberry)
- Licorice or Yashtimadhu
- Rose petals
- Red Sandalwood
- White Sandalwood
Medical Oils Used In Udvartana
For Weight Loss
- Triphala Oil
- Dhanwantaram oil
- Kottamchukkadi oil
For Glowing Skin
- Chandanadi oil
- Kumkumadi Oil
- Sandalwood Massage Oil
How To Prepare Sandalwood Massage Oil
- Take 100 ml olive oil or sesame oil.
- Heat the oil and add a pinch of turmeric powder in the hot oil
- Let it cool down and then strain the oil in a separate glass jar.
- Now, add 5 ml sandalwood oil.
- Mix both ingredients and use this oil for massage.
Udvartan Self-massage Technique
- Do full body massage with warm sesame oil or olive oil.
- Rub herbal powder with maximum tolerable pressure and movement.
- If your skin is sensitive, you can mix the oil with warm sesame oil or olive oil for making its paste.
- You need to move your hands from the feet to thigh, hands to shoulders.
- The movements of your hands should be opposite direction as compared to regular oil massage.
- Steam bath or warm water bath after this massage is always needed.
However, the maximum benefits can be achieved when ayurvedic massage therapist does Udvartana
Udvartana Should Not Be Performed Under These Circumstances
- Dry skin (Ruksha Udvartan is contraindicated)
- Wounds, cuts and burns
- Eczema, Psoriasis
- Children under age 10
Get Healthy with Our Verity of Products
Experience A Holistic Approach Towards Life.